About me and the rules here
I’m not an Iranian, but I do speak Persian. Nobody knows if I am religious -including me- but I read the bible in Hebrew and Greek. Friends call me an amateur muslim, but I sing Gregorian plainchant in church every Sunday. I’m an archaeologist, but I don’t dig. I preach, but I’ve never been on a pulpit…
Need I go on?
The rules of this place
It’s not that this blog is submerged in comments, but I thought I better be sooner than later.
I am the tyrant of this place.
This is my place and I decide what’s allowable here. I consider myself not accountable to anyone but me, myself and I.
Having said that, there’s a few things I can outlaw beforehand:
- Among others that’s plain racism and sexism. I shall only tolerate racist or sexist comments if and when they are clearly and obviously meant ‘tongue in cheek’.
- Same thing goes for that mother of all racism: anti-semitism.
- The same rules apply to any kind of personal attacks or threats.
- Last but not least: I shall not tolerate blasphemy on this site.
Comments containing any of the above will be deleted.
There’s other things that aren’t necessarily illegal, but still bothersome:
- Posting posts from your own blog as a comment on mine. Please: use track-back.
- Extensive quoting. Please: refer to a quote in the relevant shorthand (e.g. Mc 14:3, Q 55:13, Caes. BG 2:3-4 or Lewis 1896, 246).
- Extensive linking. Please: develop your writing skills. If you need umpty links to make your point, don’t or summarise in your own words.
- Proselytising. Please: just don’t.
- Obfuscation. Please: use you brain.
- Foreign languages: Long stretches of text in Malay, Spanglish, or non-Latin alphabets are bothersome. Sure, if the quote you’re giving is too beautiful in it’s original language to skip, please feel free to post it, but when it’s not English, French, German or Latin: please translate!
Comments containing any of the above will be edited or -if and when beyond repair- deleted.