Given YouTube, I can post quite a lot of my favorite music. This one is by Estonian composer Arvo Pärt. It’s the Magnificat, a song attributed to Mary the mother of Jesus in Lk 1: 46-55 and a popular text for quite some composers.
It’s actually a psalm, an a bit of a revolutionary one at that:
My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
For he has regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden.
- For behold, from this day all generations will call me blessed;
- For the mighty one has done great things to me, and holy is his name.
- And his mercy is on those who fear him from generation to generation.
- He has shown strength with his arm;
- He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts;
- He has cast down the mighty from their thrones and has exalted the holy;
- He has filled the hungry with good things,
- and the rich he has sent empty away.
- He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his seed forever.