Things I can do without a girlfriend
A while ago, just to boost my morale I made up a list of things I could indulge in freely now that I am single again. I came across it the other day:
- Tick my fork against my teeth while eating, without irritating anyone;
- Eat crisps and apples;
- Pack and unpack things, move items without anyone getting a stomach ache;
- Clean the house when it’s necessary, not when it’s planned;
- Sort books on the bookshelves by theme, not height;
- Watch Walking with Cavemen without causing existential crises;
- Leave the house without having to wait for last-minute makeup and a pee;
- Eat prawns;
- Watch Dekalog, without scaring anyone;
- Have friends over, even the ones that are unhappy, or odd;
- Talk with people about whatever I want to talk about, in whatever way I want to talk with them, without anyone objecting to either openness or honesty;
- Watch films with Kate Winslet.
At least some of those I wrote down in anger (to use a very big word), but now that I read it, I find myself amused.